Landscape & Arboriculture Expert Witness Services
Expert Witness Services
Construction Defect & Personal Injury
Drainage & Irrigation Damage
Landscape & Exterior Property Loss From Fire & Water Damage
San Diego County, California & the Western States
Areas of Expertise:
- Providing landscape construction, horticulture, and arboriculture Expert Witness services
- Providing litagation services to attorneys specializing in construction defect and personal injury cases including:
- Inspection and cost of repair and replacement
- Photography - forensic imaging and construction documentation
- Aboriculture analysis
- Landscape construction defects and failures
- Wildfire Evaluations to establish valuations at the time of the fire, as well as Cost to Repair at today’s Construction costs.
- Industry Expert for C-27 Landscape Construction
- Review of project drawings, details & specifications
- Lifelong nursery and landscape construction experience
- Exterior Construction - I started in the Nursery industry with Walter Andersen Nursery in 1966, which lead to a Landscape Design business and eventually as a Design & Build Landscape Contractor in 1980.
I currently still provide exterior landscape construction services throughout San Diego County, in addition to Expert Witness services throughout the State of California, Nevada and Arizona.
I have been a member of the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA), the Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA), the Irrigation Association (IA), the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), the National Concrete Masonry Association (NCMA), the Interlocking Concrete Paver Institute (ICPI), and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating.
- Industry Standards - consulting, design, and installation for residential and commercial exterior construction;
View defect photos Click Here Landscape - responsible for the design, material selection, placement, and maintenance of landscape materials.
View defect photos Click Here Irrigation - design, selection of materials, site layout, and installation of simple to complex irrigation systems including, but not limited to drip, matched precipitation, stream rotor, and low water use systems.
View defect photos Click Here Drainage - system design, selection of materials, and installation of basic site drainage to pump collection systems.
View defect photos Click Here Hardscape/Paving - design, selection of materials, site layout, and installation of multiple forms of hardscape paving. Materials range from simple to stamped concrete, complex paver systems, natural and manufactured stone to brick.
View defect photos Click Here Hardscape - Concrete Details.
View defect photos Click Here Hardscape/Fireplaces, Fire Pits, Barbeque Entertainment Centers - design, selection of materials, and installation of simple pre-fabricated units to custom and original “one of a kind” backyard entertainment centers.
View defect photos Click Here Hardscape/Walls - design, selection of materials, site layout, and installation of simple freestanding to complex retaining walls. Wall materials includes standard CMU block with different stucco finishes, to segmented retaining walls requiring a pervious concrete backfill in place of a geogrid system. Stephen George has been certified by the Concrete Masonry Association for segmented wall installations.
View defect photos Click Here Wood Construction - design, selection of materials, site layout, and installation of simple attached patio sunscreen structures, wood and wood composite decking to complex outdoor entertainment rooms.
View defect photos Click Here Water Features & Pools - design, selection of materials, and installation of simple fountains to complex water features and waterfalls.
Design, selection of materials, consulting and oversee the installation of residential swimming pools and spas.
- Lighting - design, selection of materials, site layout, and installation of simple low voltage walkway lighting to complex outdoor structure and water feature low voltage lighting.
- Horticultural Evaluation
- Arboriculture & Horticulture Services
- Wildfire Landscape Evaluations - I have been providing landscape loss evaluations for homeowners and insurance companies for the 2003 and 2007 San Diego County Wildfires. In 2011, I joined up with Certified Arborist James MacNair in order to provide the most complete landscape evaluation service available for not only San Diego County, but the State of California as well. This includes Landscape, Irrigation , Pavers & Stone, Walls and Embankment Reconstruction, Lighting, Wood Construction and Water Features/Pools.
Click on the images below to view a larger display.2006 Pre-fire aerial2007 Post fire aerialPre-fire 2006Post-fire 2007
- Arboriculture & Horticulture Services – We worked with James MacNair of MacNair & Associates on multiple arboriculture and related construction cases in San Diego County. James is certified arborist (WE-0603A).
We are currently working on other cases with James, requiring arboriculture Expert Witness services.
- 1966-1969 Walter Andersen Nursery * Nursery & Landscape Construction
- 1968-1971 Mesa Jr. College & Cal Poly Pomona * Nursery & Landscape Tech
- 1971-1980 Southern California Landscape Designs * Owner * Landscape Design
- 1980-current Landscapes West – Owner – Design & Build Landscape Contractor * C-27 389976
- Course - Certified Segmented Retaining Wall Installer
- ICPI Concrete Paver Installer Certification
- Certificate - CSRW1
- C-27 Landscape Construction (#389976 & #961442)
- (CLCA) California Landscape Contractors Association (life member)
- (IA) Irrigation Association
- (ICPI) Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
- (ISA) International Society of Arboriculture
- (NCMA) National Concrete Masonry Association
- (BBB) Better Business Bureau * A+ rating
- California Landscape Contractors Association * Landscape Awards
- Residential Design & Build
- Residential Landscape Construction
- Commercial Design & Build
- Commercial Xeriscape & Slope Retention
- Bighorn Law – Nick Andersen – Las Vegas, NV
- Bullard, Brown & Beal, LLP – John Roddy – Fullerton, CA
- City of Laguna Beach – Tessa Yutadco – Kutak Rock Law Office – Irvine, CA
- City of Torrance – Deputy City Attorney – Jocelyn N. Sarigumba
- City of Thousand Oaks – Assistant City Attorney – David Womack - County of
- San Diego – Tom Deak – Senior Deputy – Office of County Counsel
- Ellis &Stipp, APLC – Brian Ellis – San Diego & Temecula, CA
- Goldberg & Osborne, LLP – Allen Bucknell& Phoenix, AZ
- Grant, Genovese &Baratta, LLP – Arron Kupchella – Irvine, CA
- Grimm, Vranjes& Greer – Mark Vranjes& Stephan Gregory – San Diego
- Gordon & Rees – Brandon Saxon - San Diego & Kevin Whelan – Irvine, CA
- HidenRottOertle – Law Office – Matthew Blancato – San Diego
- Horton, Oberrecht, Kirkpatrick & Martha – Eydith Kaufman – San Diego
- Hurst & Hurst – Julie Corbo Ridley & Debra Hurst – San Diego
- Kramer, DeBoer & Keane – Jeff Kramer & Sandy Colin – Woodland Hills, CA
- Kutak Rock, LLP – Michael Strickroth& Tessa Yutadco – Irvine, CA
- Lewis Brisbois – Mary Wyman& – San Diego
- Russell Kohn – Attorney at Law – Oceanside, CA
- Milstein &Aselman – Mark Milstein – Los Angeles, CA
- Ron Noya - Attorney at Law – San Diego
- Payne & Fears – Dan Livingston & Thomas Vincent - Irvine, CA
- San Diego Fire Lawyers – Michael Feinberg, Gerald Singleton
- Schack Law Group – Alexander Schack – San Diego
- Su L. Barry – Attorney at Law – San Diego
- Sunderland McCutchan Law Office – Angela J. Elpers – San Diego
- Walter Andersen Nursery – Poway and Pacific Highway
Areas we Service »
- EXPERT WITNESS SERVING:
State of California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona & Nevada
- Carlsbad, CA
- Carmel Mtn., CA
- Carmel Valley, CA
- Chula Vista, CA
- Del Mar Highlands, CA
- Del Mar, CA
- El Cajon, CA
- Encinitas, CA
- Fairbanks Ranch, CA
- La Jolla, CA
- La Mesa, CA
- Mt. Helix, CA
- Poway, CA
- Rancho Bernardo, CA
- Rancho Penasquitas, CA
- Rancho Santa Fe, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Scripps Ranch, CA
- Solana Beach, CA
- Tierrasanta, CA
- University City, CA